Sunday, September 2, 2012

First Date


This week Luke and I celebrated the 10 year anniversary of our first date!  So 10 years ago Luke took me to a John Schmitt concert at Thanksgiving Point for our very first date.  We hit it off well on that first date and just over 9 months later we were married.  Last night Luke and I went to the Piano Guys concert at the Thanksgiving Point Gardens.  The Piano Guys are John Schmitt and Steven Sharp Nelson.  (They're on YouTube).  Anyway, the concert was awesome and it was so much fun to celebrate 10 years!  They even played our song, which is Can't Help Falling in Love With You.  It's on our wedding video and I played it for Luke at our wedding lunch.  

This video clip is one of their newest songs, and this is the first time they've played it live. If you want to check out the music video on youtube just click here. 

This is us before the concert started.  We had great seats, right in the middle in the 3rd row!


Storm clouds started rolling in and we had rain and lighting, but the concert went on, and we loved it!
Luke and I were prepared for rain.  We had blankets, jackets, and ponchos, so we stayed warm and dry, while others around us were not so lucky.


It was such a fun night, even with the bad weather I'm glad we went.

1 comment: